The only thing worse than frequent headaches are frequent headaches that hinder your everyday activities. It is time to take control of your life when your migraines and headaches tear you away from work, family, friends, and fun. Pain medication, although may initially help you, are not taking care of the root problem, they simply mask the symptoms. Alternatively, Chiropractic provides a solution: We treat the cause of the pain, at the source. Chiropractors treat the pain and its underlying causes for many types of headaches, including:
Drug-Free Headache Relief
At Seattle Wellness Group, our goal is to not only provide quick relief for your headache pain, but also to treat its underlying causes. To understand what may be contributing to your headaches, we perform a thorough examination of your muscles, ligaments, joints and posture. We then discuss with you any past injuries and lifestyle habits that may be contributing to your condition. Dr. Nadeem Bajwa and the licensed massage therapists at Seattle Wellness Group, are at the forefront of headache relief in the chiropractic field. They use a variety of treatment techniques, including:
- Chiropractic Adjustments—Gentle, controlled, and directed adjustments delivered to your spinal joints and tissues to restore optimal movement and function. This technique is proven particularly effective for headaches caused by neck muscle tightness and migraine headaches.
- Myofascial Release (MFR)—Massage-like techniques designed to relax and optimize the function of muscles and the soft tissues between them. This treatment has been found to be particularly effective for tension type headaches, migraines and sinus headaches.
- Active Release Technique (ART)—Targeted pressure and stretching treatments of muscles and other soft tissues to release scar tissue and restore compromised muscle function. It can ease nerve compression, directly relieving headaches.
- Rehabilitation—Methods, including stretches and exercises, to help prevent your headaches in the future.
To help avoid headaches, try these helpful tips:
- Set your computer screen at eye level
- Take micro breaks at least every hour to move your head, neck and upper back
- Avoid processed food with colors, dyes, preservatives, nitrites and nitrates
- Exercise 3-5 times per week with a combination of cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training
- Keep stress levels as low as possible
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day
If you frequently suffer from headaches and are interested in finding out whether chiropractic care can help, call us for a FREE CONSULTATION!